Terms and Condition of Use OF
TVB Event Power Website
Welcome to the TVB Event Power website www.tvbeventpower.com.hk (this “Site”). By accessing or using this Site, you agree to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions (these “T&C”). Please read these T&C carefully. If you do not agree to these T&C, you should not access or use this Site. The term “we” or “us” refers to TVB Event Power, a division of TVB Publications Limited (“TVBP”), which is part of the TVB Group. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of this Site.
1. Unless otherwise stated, the contents of the pages on this Site (the “Contents”), including but not limited to all information, text, graphics, drawing, diagrams, photographs and compilation of data or other materials, are protected by copyright and possibly other intellectual property rights (“Intellectual Property Rights”), all of which are owned by TVBP. You may only access and download the Contents on this Site on a temporary basis and for the sole purpose of viewing such information. You shall not permanently copy, publish, transmit, or reproduce or otherwise use any part of the Contents on this Site otherwise than for personal use without our prior written permission.
2. Nothing you do on or in relation to this Site will transfer any Intellectual Property Rights to you or licence you to exercise any Intellectual Property Rights unless this is expressly stated.
3. The Contents on this Site are provided “AS IS” and on an “IS AVAILABLE” basis without any representation or endorsement made by us and without our representation or warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the expressed or implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy or standard of quality.
4. We hereby disclaim all representations and warranties of all kind (if any) that this Site (or any part of it) will be uninterrupted or error free, free of viruses, malicious code or other harmful components or otherwise secure, that defects will be corrected, that this Site or the server that makes this Site available are free of viruses or bugs, or that the materials provided through this Site are functional, accurate, or reliable. You expressly agree that your access and use of this Site (or any part of it) and/or the Contents obtained through your use of the foregoing are at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss arising therefrom.
5. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we and the providers of this Site are not liable to you or another other third party for the following:-
(I) any claim, damage or loss relating to the access or use of any part of this Site and/or Contents;
(ii) any damage to or loss of data and/or the consequences or effects on your Internet connection, its speed and/or bandwidth, arising from your use of this Site and/or any Content;
(iii) any disruption, suspension, delay, failure or discontinuation of this Site and/or Content; and/or
(iv) any infringement of any Intellectual Property Rights arising from your use of this Site or the Contents; and/or
(v) any claim, damage or loss relating to any information or materials of any website referred to or accessed through this Site.
6. TVBP is entitled to delete, suspend or edit any or all of the Contents on this Site at any time at its absolute discretion without giving any reason. You are responsible for making your own assessments of any Content contained in or in connection with this Site. The Contents on this Site are not intended to offer solutions to problems, nor should they be regarded as substitute for professional advice. You should consult your professional adviser before taking action on any matters to which Contents provided on this Site may be relevant.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
7. Subject to any applicable law to the contrary which cannot be excluded, under no circumstances will any TVBP or TVB Group entity be liable in any manner for any direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of or inability to use this Site, or any material contained on it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this Site or any such material.
8. Nothing in this disclaimer will limit any of our liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law, or exclude any of our liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
10. Publication of electronic addresses on this Site is for the purpose of communication only and must not be used to infer consent to the receipt unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
CHANGE OF T&C
11. We may change, add to or delete any term of these T&C from time to time in our sole discretion without notice or liability to you. By continuing to access or use this Site following such modifications are posted on this Site, you agree to be bound by such modifications.
12. Headings are inserted for convenience only and shall be disregarded in construing these T&C.
13. If any part of these T&C is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable part shall be given effect to the greatest extent possible and the remainder will remain in full force and effect.
14. Subject to any local laws that cannot be excluded, the law applicable to use of the material and information contained on this Site and to disputes arising out of such material and information is the law of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”). You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
15. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless us, our officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of the Site or its contents or your breach of these T&C.
16. The English version of these T&C shall prevail over any Chinese version (if any) which is provided for information purposes only.
Last updated: 15 July 2020 (Version 1.0)